Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Moving Into RC Fixed Wings - Need some Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 05:03 AM
JamesT65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving Into RC Fixed Wings - Need some Help

Hi All,

I just joined the forum today, having done a lot of research. I need some validation that I have chosen the right gear and if I am missing anything.

1. RadioMaster TX16S Mark II V4.0 Hall Gimbal 4-IN-1 Radio Controller Support
2. TBS CROSSFIRE MICRO TX V2 STARTER SET MICRO TX V2 CRSF PPM Protocol 915Mhz Long Range Transmitter
i. TBS Crossfire Nano RX SE Receiver x3 combined in a combo set.
3. RadioMaster TX16S Radio Transmitter LED Gimbal Backlight Retrofit Light Mod Upgrade Set Blue Color
4. TW759-3 75903 Volantex Phoenix 2400mm Wingspan EPO RC Airplane Glider Plane PNP
5. HEE WING T1 VTOL-PNP Ranger 730mm Wingspan Dual Motor EPP FPV Racer RC Airplane Fixed Wing PNP

I am looking for FPV goggles, any recommendations and have I left anything out to get myself up in the air?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and help, much appreciated in advance.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:15 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

You would probably get more answers in one of the discussion forums here. This is the Classified Ad section.
The following users liked this post:
JamesT65 (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 10:00 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 354 Likes on 284 Posts

Moved to discussions
JamesT65 (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 07:36 PM
JamesT65

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Outrider6
You would probably get more answers in one of the discussion forums here. This is the Classified Ad section.
Thanks not sure how that happened, it was a long day.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:07 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

Your post title says moving into fixed wings. So I will ask the question. Do you have fixed wing experience? It's not a huge transition if you are already flying quads but there are some differences in flight characteristics and the required reflexes. I would recommend taking a little time getting used to flying line of sight before you go FPV.
Big Alice (04-25-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 08:34 PM
JamesT65

Originally Posted by mgnostic
Your post title says moving into fixed wings. So I will ask the question. Do you have fixed wing experience? It's not a huge transition if you are already flying quads but there are some differences in flight characteristics and the required reflexes. I would recommend taking a little time getting used to flying line of sight before you go FPV.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the response.
I am training at the moment, I have 50 miles of farmland in the Philippines available with no other flyers, a dream location. I will take some learning steps in the line of sight before venturing into FPV; there is clearly a different skill set from the YouTube videos I have watched; I already have some FPV experience with quads. I was looking for a sanity check on the kit I shortlisted to see if I was on the right path and if there was anything I had missed to get me started.

Thanks for any guidance
Old 04-25-2024, 08:22 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

The Phoenix glider might work out as a first plane. I would avoid anything with the word "racer" in the description. I would suggest something along the lines of an E-Flight Apprentice. Look for a receiver or stability assist module that will be compatible with your transmitter. With fixed wing you will have to lean to fly your way out of situations that a quad can just power out of.
JamesT65 (04-26-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 06:20 PM
JamesT65

Originally Posted by mgnostic
The Phoenix glider might work out as a first plane. I would avoid anything with the word "racer" in the description. I would suggest something along the lines of an E-Flight Apprentice. Look for a receiver or stability assist module that will be compatible with your transmitter. With fixed wing you will have to lean to fly your way out of situations that a quad can just power out of.
thanks for the heads up I pulled the trigger on an asw28 and got a great camaeta gimbal for moving up to FPV after I get my line of sight sorted.