Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

UMS Gas Radial Engine Enthusiasts Rabbit Hole

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

UMS Gas Radial Engine Enthusiasts Rabbit Hole

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgers72
Well I finally think the bugs are worked out on the 7-50 and it's ready to be mounted on my 30cc Ultra Stick.
Hopefully this link works , this was recorded today.
https://youtu.be/QBet_BA9ffc
We have a gentleman at our club mounting this engine in a Corsair. He's bench run 1 gallon through his. Should be out to our field soon. Seems like yours runs great!. More video please. Lol
Aaron-
Old 04-16-2024, 05:06 AM
Hyjinx

Nice Jason. I like it. Never heard of that material before. Yeah I don't think you'll ever get above 260° LOL. The factory mount on the UMS engines is sort of clunky compared to our Moki mount. But it is solid nonetheless. The Waco ARF I have mine bolted to is a really nice fit.. I think you are on track for the Mamba placement. Do you intend to cant on the thrust line?

Last edited by Hyjinx; 04-16-2024 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:50 PM
dodgers72
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
We have a gentleman at our club mounting this engine in a Corsair. He's bench run 1 gallon through his. Should be out to our field soon. Seems like yours runs great!. More video please. Lol
Aaron-
I bought my 50cc to put in a Phoenix 20cc Corsair. I plan on putting a single cylinder engine of equal power or slightly less than the 7-50 for the maiden and first couple of flights. I don't want to take any chances on crashing with such an expensive engine on an untested airframe.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:02 PM
Hyjinx

Originally Posted by dodgers72
I bought my 50cc to put in a Phoenix 20cc Corsair. I plan on putting a single cylinder engine of equal power or slightly less than the 7-50 for the maiden and first couple of flights. I don't want to take any chances on crashing with such an expensive engine on an untested airframe.
Wise choice I think.