Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Dornier DO 335

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Dornier DO 335

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:30 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ESM Dornier DO 335

Santa came early this year all dressed in brown wearing a ball cap and driving a big brown truck. I got this over sized box. I was disappointed it was not wrapped and it had no Bow...
Anyway I opened it and to my surprise the was a brand new Warbird ..It was the New ESM Dornier DO 335. It is a beautiful model. I think I may keep it just to set and stare.. The fuse is all one piece with plug in wings and tail fins. It says you can fly it on a 50 cc motor but I ould not disgrace the looks of this plane with that big motor hanging out the front.

This thing has a hatch just behind the cockpit for all the servos and other gear. For the price this Model is a bargain...I did not get the ESM Gear for it. I have not like thier gear in the past . Sierra has gear coming out and I will have the prototype gear in about a week. The cowl is 6.5" in diameter and the rear cowl opening is right at 4" ... Here are some pic's enjoy.. Sorry for the messy shop. Frantically trying to get an order out......

Ty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96152.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1535582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94291.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1535583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98558.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1535584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31277.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1535585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82649.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1535586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81617.jpg
Views:	1990
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1535587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11710.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1535588  
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM Dornier DO 335

Very cool Ty , Merry Christams and I hope you told Junior that Santa is still coming !!!!
You going eletric with the big guy ?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Stuka Jon N
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ty Keep us posted what the electrical gear will be. You may have another convert. After building the Don Smith 335 I maybe ready for an ARF Stuka Jon
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
G-Pete

At first I saw the saw horses and thought what a homunculus airplane - by open the picture I saw these are not the standard size. Looking forward to the build, any thoughts about the rear setup? Free spinning propeller, may small electric motor?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

TY,
That's one AWESOME Warbird. I hope you post a first flight video. Best of luck on it. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:49 AM
fockewulf37

Hey guys here are pic's of the Main gear for the Do335 that Sierra is putting out. Darrell is still working on the Nose gear. The ESM Gear is their light weight stuff they usually have. They are using their little air cylinder to move that long leg. The ESM nose strut is also about 1-1.5 inches too long and makes the nose set way up in the air.

Ty

Name:	Lj22725.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1535672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27455.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1535673  
Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
fockewulf37

The box says its about 25lbs ready to fly. I figure at least 30 lbs . There is plenty of wing area for 30 -32lbs plane. I plan on powering this one with 2 E-flight 160's Just one will power a 20lbs plane easily. I should have over a 1 to 1 power to weight ratio...Using these motor will guarantee to keep the outline nice and clean. This thing should be a bullet....or Arrow as the case may be...

Ty
Old 12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Wow, ESM did one mostly right here, the lettering and markings are acutally in the RIGHT place, are the right colour and are the right size!

The camo is a bit off as is the shape of the tail.

But for the most part, I'm impressed. I still won't be getting one after getting burned so bad by the Stoch, but these 335's look good.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 PM
kahloq

Very envious Ty. I hope to get one of these in a few months myself.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Finally ESM has a decent looking WarBird..
Old 12-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Mr DJ

Ty

How did you get yours so fast? Mine hit the states on the 16th, should arrive me any day now... I bought the gear; lookin' at your photos, maybe I shouldn't have, but ol well. I'm going gas on mine. I may hit you up for a cockpit down the road.

Mr DJ
Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

How big is this plane

Dave
Old 12-19-2010, 04:21 AM
fockewulf37

The Model says 83"x 83" length/wingspan but i measured the wing span and got 84" and you really won't know the lenght until you get spinners on this thing... The manual shows you can use 2 120 four strokes and they don't cut into the outline too much. . I am sure you can find 2 low profile gas motors for this thing. I think they were suggesting a 50 cc if you were not putting a rear motor on the plane at all....
I got mine from VQ Warbirds. They will carry the plane and all the accessories that will be available. I should be started on the cockpit for this one in about 2 weeks. I have the Val in line first...

DJ, I would really consider returning the Landing Gear and getting the Sierra. This is a really nice plane and I just don't thing the ESM gear will hold up. The Sierra Gear will be more expensive but they will be the best.

Ty
Old 12-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Mr DJ

<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" defunhidewhenused="true" defsemihidden="true" defqformat="false" defpriority="99" latentstylecount="267"><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="0" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Normal"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="heading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="35" qformat="true" name="caption"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="10" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" name="Default Paragraph Font"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="11" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtitle"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="22" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Strong"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="20" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="59" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Table Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Placeholder Text"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="No Spacing"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Revision"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="34" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="List Paragraph"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="29" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="30" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="19" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="21" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="31" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="32" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="33" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Book Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="37" name="Bibliography"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" qformat="true" name="TOC Heading"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Ty,

I may do just that. I do like the ESM gear I bought for my Corsair but the gear for my Robin 400 is nothing but crap, especially the nose gear. And you are correct; this bird is too sweet for crappy gear. I haven’t even received mine yet but fell in love at first sight. I may change my rear engine selection once I have it in hand but the front will remain the same.

This may be one of those birds that I build just for show; sorta like my inbound 150” DC-3 (see below). Unfortunately, I won’t build my Do 335 right away, for I’ll receive 4 birds about the same time; five if you count my Corsair that's spread out on the floor: Tommy DC-3, ESM Do-335, ESM Bonanza V35, and FEJ T-33 (turbine).

I may get you to paint my Tru-Turn spinners for my Do, or tell me how. U R da Man when it comes to painting and detailing and, and, and

Mr DJ

Name:	Wu60404.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1535951  
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Mr DJ

Ty,

I know that the rudders and elevators have their servos within - the manual reads medium size - to me, a medium Hitec servo is 225MG L 32mm x W 16mm x H 30mm. I normally use Hitec 645 or 5645MG L 40mm x W 20mm x H 38mm. Now if the 645s will fit, that's what I'll use but if too large, then the 225s are it. But since you have that puppy lookin' you dead in the face, I just know you wish to drop a standard size servo in each hole to see if it fits - I just know you wish to do this

I'm about to place an order to Tower for the servos; don't want to wait a week or so for mine to arrive to check for myself - you feel me...

Thanks in advance...

Mr DJ

Old 12-19-2010, 10:16 AM
fockewulf37

A standard Futaba S3004 servo 1.5"x 3/4" servo drops right in place... I usually all standard size Futaba servos on my models with a standard high torque on the elevators and tail wheel... In this case nose wheel... any more questions feel free....

Ty
Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Mr DJ

Thank you, Sir...

The Hitec 645s will drop right in...

Rear firewall - how deep from the rear opening without the rear cowl installed? I'm guessing 2 to 3"

Same for Front firewall if you don't mind.

Mr DJ
Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 AM
fockewulf37

Without the cowl on its 2-5/8" recess.. with it on its about 6-1/8" all to the rear firewall

Ty
Old 12-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Mr DJ

6 1/8; is that perfect or what... The DL 30 extends out 6 1/4. My engine choice of DL 55 front/30 rear will work. It still won't look as pretty as yours, for I still will have to cut and trim for the mufflers. On yours with electrics, will be just as pretty as she please. I'd love to keep her in orginal form, but (you already know this) electrics don't do anything for me - I need the smell of petro buring, roar of horses thumpin', and the trail of smoke bringing up the rear

Thank you, Sir...

Mr DJ
Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

DJ, wouldn't 2 30cc fly it. A 55 is alot for this size plane even without the rear engine.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:49 PM
kahloq

Heck you could put a 30cc up front and a 20cc in the rear and still be be fine.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Mr DJ

<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

I’m going from what I know; I use to have a KMP/EMS X-Bird. I call it X because I don’t remember its name but it was crappy. A long Cessna type bird with long booms and a 10’ wing span. I had a OS 120 front and 90/91 rear. While flying, the rear died and the 120 wasn’t even close enough to fly her on it’s own and down she went. If the front had died, the same would have occurred (of course all depends on altitude at the time of flame out – I’m a master at dead stick flying as we all are ).

I thought about the 30cc front/20cc rear which = a 1.80 glow front/1.20 rear. Not enough for me if a flame out. I’d need a 3.05 glow front/1.80 rear. Anyways, the Do is made for a 50cc gas engine – that’s what EMS builds pretty much, 50cc gas birds. Here’s my story that is written for me: if the rear dies, the DL 55 will fly her perfectly; if the front dies, the DL 30 with flaps and full power (if necessary) will allow me to bring her on home. This works for me, Gents…

I may have the rear engine on a separate controller via a mixer; this way I can choose to idle either engine and see what she’ll do.

Mr DJ

Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
fockewulf37

I would wait until you get it to make your final decision. This plane has alot of wing area.. The 180/120 sound better to me....

ty
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 PM
pandissix
My Feedback: (134)

Ty- Glad your building this one...will be watching.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
kahloq

I have a saito 180 and 150 I could easily put in this plane that arent being used. Or a 180/91 or 150/91....but last combo not liking so much.
I will wait to see how a few fly on their nresepctive owners power setup before deciding what motors to use.

I also have several 10s "160" size electric motors I could put in it that are still sitting in the box....though...I imagine two 8s setups swinging 20x10 props would be more then enough ooomph...say e-flite power 110's @ 295kv.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.