Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ride Height Gauge. Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:18 AM
HLammy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Height Gauge. Help Please

Hi. As a university student of mechanical engineering, I've been assigned a project of researching, designing and making a ride height gauge. Seeing as the majority of the products lie in the RC market, I'd like hear your opinions on what you look for when seeking a ride height gauge in regards to: accuracy, range of measurement, quality, cost and any other parameters you can think of such as 1 gauge able to be used on road and off road vehicles.
Any feedback will be very much appreciated!
Many Thanks
Old 02-13-2016, 06:36 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at RPM , they have a nice ride height gauge. Hot racing has one, many companies make them. What is it your looking for regarding them? They all will be accurate if used properly. Ride height is determined by track conditions, tire type, etc. lots of variables. Review the subject on YouTube as well with pros like Adam Drake.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:56 AM
HLammy

Thanks for your input. Basically this is market research into the product and gathering opinions of the customer base like this is a way of doing research. So I assume you prefer the RPM style one?
Thanks
Old 02-13-2016, 07:25 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No, I use Hot Racings right height and camber gauge combined.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:47 PM
HLammy

Thanks mattster.
If anyone else has anything to input then please do. The more data the merrier!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:24 PM
DieHarder

I don't actually own one, but if I had the $$ to blow on a really nice one, it would be the one from JConcepts - http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2282-1/p428325 Since you're building it, it would be pretty slick if you could incorporate a camber gauge (like this - http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...6-8192/p259557) on the back side. That would be dope.