Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

There's an Armortek Sherman listed on ebay...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

There's an Armortek Sherman listed on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 02:52 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default There's an Armortek Sherman listed on ebay...

Just noticed there's an Armortek Sherman at auction on ebay. Looks like it's been partially built and has the drive option package but never ran.

Mike
Old 03-01-2017, 03:21 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see he has it listed twice. Would be cool to have it and battle against your Tiger.
Jimmy
Old 03-01-2017, 03:37 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

How can we be sure that it's really an armortek kit? He says it weighs 85 pounds, but isn't that a little light for an armortek? I think their tiger weighs in at about 400 pounds, doesn't it?
Old 03-01-2017, 03:43 AM
Old MSgt

Yeah Jimmy, but I ain't got no money...

Guess I could get some of my wifes' panty hose to put on my head and go down to the Quik Stop where I git my lottery tickets at!

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-01-2017 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:45 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I imagine this is it?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...erman&_sacat=0

Need a link to know what we're talking about.

Jeff
Old 03-01-2017, 03:49 AM
Old MSgt

Yes, that's it Jeff.

I was leery too Gary, IF it was an Armortek. So I looked on youtube at Armortek Sherman builds and I guess it is an Armortek. I agree with you that the seller has greatly underestimated the weight of it!
Old 03-01-2017, 04:01 AM
Panther F

Is that a good price Mike? I mean, what are/were they brand new?

Jeff
Old 03-01-2017, 04:35 AM
Old MSgt

I think the basic static kit was more than that when they came out. Then the Option 1 kit with electric modules, drive motors, traverse, and elevation was a chunk of coin. And it kinda looks like it has the smoke option by the look of those pipes in the back.

When my wife gets up I may have to hint whine, and pout, that I sure WISH I had some money... and it would sure be wonderful IF I could 'float a BIG loan' from home savings. THEN I would have to sell off a lot of MY fun stuff quick... (before the VIG kicks in!)

But it'll probably be gone by then cause there's a lot of Armortek fans out there.

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-01-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Old MSgt

Got it!

Now I REALLY have to sell the RC Armory King Tiger!

Mike
Old 03-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old MSgt
Got it!

Now I REALLY have to sell the RC Armory King Tiger!

Mike
Congrats!
I wish your king tiger was 1/6 I would love one that big
Old 03-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Panther F

Wow... that "Yeah Jimmy, but I ain't got no money..." didn't last for long! LOL

NOW you know the rules... show and tell time! (once you get it that is)

Jeff
Old 03-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old MSgt
Yeah Jimmy, but I ain't got no money...

Guess I could get some of my wifes' panty hose to put on my head and go down to the Quik Stop where I git my lottery tickets at!
Well I guess the "panty hose" worked!!
Old 03-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Crius

Can always sell me the Panzer 4.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Panther F

Originally Posted by Shorty54
Well I guess the "panty hose" worked!!

I gotta try that... can't be any stupider than the ones who get caught.

Besides, I found something on the Internet yesterday I shouldn't have found. (at least $$$ wise) Now I have to have it so... I may hit eBay HARD for this.

I know how Mike feels. Just hope he's not on the lamb now.

Jeff
Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Jarlath

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice... I'm getting antsy for my Panther A...
Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Jarlath

Wow... Just found and looked at the listing.... That Sherman really is fairly simple hull assembly compared to the Panzers...
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I tried to find it and couldn't anyone have the link?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Crius

Hey Rudy, I had it on my watch list so I can still get there. Here's the link to the original listing but I don't know if it will work for you. If it doesn't just holler and I'll try something else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Ar...vip=true&rt=nc

You have to scroll down once you get to the page.

I tried Jeff's link above and it's no longer active, but the link I just posted works when I click on it.

Last edited by Crius; 03-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Crius

OK, Mike, this makes a Tiger one, a Panzer IV, a Sherman and a Famo, all in 1/6 scale.

How the hell do I get myself into your will?
Old 03-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Old MSgt

Hi Gary!

And don't forget the Panther G. That's why I need more room in the garage.

This is IT for me collecting Armorteks. AND I MEAN IT!

For YEARS, every morning when I get up (usually 4-5am) I've came in, got my coffee, then checked my computer 'favorites' by quickly glancing at 'Armortek' on ebay or the Armortek 'For Sale or Wanted' site on the the Armortek forum.

I ran on to this Sherman about 4am yesterday, got excited and posted it on RCU to share the find in case someone wanted it...

The Sherman was the last Armortek I would love to have. You know how the ADRENLINE, EXCITEMENT, and the 'YES/NO' kicks in. Started thinking I could might maybe get it!

I had to 'clear it' with my (DEFINATELY smarter!) 'better half' because I WOULD need to dip in to the home savings pretty DEEP.

When my sweetie arrived in the kitchen I mentioned (trying not to sound DELERIOUS!) that 'There's an Armortek on ebay I like' then after a LONG TIME (while she made her COFFEE fer cry'in out loud while I was sweat'in by the computer!!!), she said 'Well, you can get it if you really want it.' That was yesterday.

This morning I got up, (4:30am), got my coffee, then started to check the computer. Realized I only needed to check RCU. Realized I'm OUT of looking for 'Armortek' anymore. There's now a void there... UNLESS I keep CHECKING Armortek and let everybody know if I see one!

I'll show what it looks like when it gets here. I built the Dragon/FOA Sherman and 'burned me out' on Sherman details. Right now I'm looking forward to getting it and dreading getting it cause then there's more work to do.

But THIS is my LAST Armortek cause I have to get over this addiction! I'm going to start look'in for an 'RC TANK' rehab center!!

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-02-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Old MSgt

And here's how deals can 'pop up'!

I just NOW glanced (out of habit!) at the Armortek 'Sale or Wanted' forum. A very few minutes ago an English gentleman posted a STATIC Armortek Tiger 1, with LOTS of EXPENSIVE detail parts, for 999L. I converted the pound to dollar and that's $1225.

Then all the buyer would need is the drive, traverse, and elevation motor setups.

But that's for sale in England and already buyers were biting like SHARKS! But what if one came available on ebay from a seller here in the U.S. like that? You got to watch for deals.

Mike (wish it was here in the U.S. and I SAW THAT FOR SALE!)

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-02-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:42 AM
armourguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a nice rare find!

Originally Posted by Crius
How can we be sure that it's really an armortek kit? He says it weighs 85 pounds, but isn't that a little light for an armortek? I think their tiger weighs in at about 400 pounds, doesn't it?
Without doubt it's an armortek, the King tiger weighs about 350 - 400, but the sherman being thinner in armor comes it at 150 - 200 fully built

To put things into perspective on how nice of a find this is, Armortek has only produced two runs of shermans, This unit is from the first run which was released in 2005 which was an early production M4A3 and comprised of about 75 kits. The second time they made a sherman was in 2011 and that was a british M4A4 (sherman V) firefly, of which 25 kits were produced.

I have one of the first batch kits in my collection and the kit is superb, fantastic runner. The first batch kits use a cast aluminum suspension components, front transmission cover, and hull fittings. They also have Steel lower plates, sponsons, and top deck, which need to be primed right away to avoid surface rust (which can be seen in the auction pic), Newer kits use alloy plate to prevent this

This one looks to have the 1st gen electronics with Paravulux motors which are ok,... they do the job well and on the sherman because the shape of the hull the motors have a nice "growl" to them. Being 12 years old (hard to imagine it's been that long ) the electronics are a bit more primitive compared to the set up of today, though I will say if the system has the 1st gen sound unit it's from my experience very difficult to hook up / calibrate. This fellow does have the 12 gauge blank system, which is a rare unit and not many were produced and these are no longer in production and are no longer compatible with armortek kits that came after 2011.

The electronics can be upgraded with the new current electronics and sound system, while keeping the old motors and blank system

Overall one of the most enjoyable builds and fun running RC tanks I have built!

Last edited by armourguy; 03-03-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Old MSgt

Hi John!

I ordered a lot of ECA detail parts from you when I built the Dragon/FOA Sherman and after I receive this one I'll see what I'll need and give ya a holler. I know it'll probably need the front fenders, air duct vents, etc.

The Tiger 1 I have is a 2003 model and those original electrics were a nightmare to try to figure out (and they probably wouldn't have worked anyway) so I installed a couple of Sabertooth ESCs and they work GREAT! A LOT simpler and only take up a fraction of the room as the originals.

The only Armortek I have that has the original Armortek wiring/ESCs is the Panther because it was already wired and work fine.

So, the Sherman weighs about the same as the Panzer IV. And definitely doesn't weigh what the Tiger 1 or Panther does!

I'll take out the drive motors to make sure they have grease AND so I can paint the interior semi-gloss white. I'll take care of the rust also.

Thanks for the info on this Sherman! I knew it was made in '05 but didn't know the production numbers or how well the kit was made.

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-03-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Jarlath

Originally Posted by armourguy
It's a nice rare find!
This fellow does have the 12 gauge blank system, which is a rare unit and not many were produced and these are no longer in production and are no longer compatible with armortek kits that came after 2011.
I'd be interested in seeing/measuring/detailing one of these systems and change one over to .22 blanks (Hilti-gun cartridges), possibly make a 9-10 shot version.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Gary,

It is gone. Someone got it.

Thanks,

Rudy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.